ETC Solar is commercializing world’s highest-performing front contact technology for solar cells: the effectively transparent contacts (ETCs). ETCs are the first industrially viable approach to mitigate shading losses; the largest practical loss in nearly all types of solar cells. ETC Solar holds several patents and has received grants, awards and national recognition including 1st place in the National DOE Cleantech UP competition, two Rocket Fund awards supported by industry and a CalSEED grant.
Dr. Rebecca Saive
Dr. Harry Atwater
Lead Tool Development
Dr. Michael Kelzenberg
Lead Process Development
Our Technology is under development.
- ETC Solar Receives Second Rocket Fund Award Supported By Industry, 10/20/18
- Caltech Startup Aims to Make Solar Panels More Efficient, 10/18/2018
- ETC Solar Receives CalSEED Grant of $150K, 09/21/18 https://www.energy.ca.gov/business_meetings/2018_agendas/2018-09-21_agenda.pdf
- Utwente Spins-off Solar High Tech Company ETC Solar B.V.
- ETC Solar Wins DOE’s 2018 National Cleantech University Prize Competition, 07/02/18
- ETC Solar Wins First Prize in FLOW’s DOE Cleantech Business Plan Competition, 06/14/18
- ETC Solar Conducts Over 150 Customer Discovery Interviews Through NSF I-Corps Program, 03/01/18
- ETC Solar Receives Rocket Fund Award Supported By Industry, 10/10/17
Rocket Fund Award
2017 & 2018
1st Place DOE National Cleantech Competition 2018
1st Place FLOW’s Western Region
Business Plan Competition
NSF I-Corps Grant 2018
CalSEED grant phase I
California Energy Commission
SBIR phase I grant
American Made Solar Prize | Ready phase
Topsector Energy: TKI grant
Category Energy 2019
If you are an interested commercial partner or want to hear more about ETC Solar, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us.